7 inspirational quotes with insight and perspective on the 4th industrial revolution.
The Fourth Industrial Revolution, also known as Industry 4.0, is radically changing the way we work and live. And while keeping up with the pace of technological change can feel overwhelming, costly and potentially insecure at times, it’s critical that manufacturers increase connectivity and adopt digital technologies to make better informed, data-driven decisions. If you are in need of some inspiration, we’ve compiled 7 inspirational quotes from Industry 4.0 influencers.
“From income inequality to climate change, technology will play a critical role in finding solutions to many of the challenges our world faces today. This year’s emerging technologies demonstrate the rapid pace of human innovation and offer a glimpse into what a sustainable, inclusive future will look like.”
- Jeremy Jurgens, Chief Technology Officer, World Economic Forum
“Technologies that are emerging today will soon be shaping the world tomorrow and well into the future – with impacts to economies and to society at large. Now that we are well into the Fourth Industrial Revolution, it’s critical that we discuss and ensure that humanity is served by these new innovations so that we can continue to prosper.”
- Mariette DiChristina, Editor-in-Chief of Scientific American, and chair of the Emerging Technologies Steering Committee
“We must develop a comprehensive and globally shared view of how technology is affecting our lives and reshaping our economic, social, cultural, and human environments. There has never been a time of greater promise, or greater peril.”
- Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum
“Any skilled engineer can take control remotely of any connected 'thing'. Society has not yet realized the incredible scenarios this capability creates.”
- André Kudelski, Chairman and CEO, Kudelski Group
“For people with a disability, the Fourth Industrial Revolution will give us super powers.”
- Birgit Skarstein, Double Paralympic athlete and World Rowing Champion, Norway
“The Fourth Industrial Revolution is still in its nascent state. But with the swift pace of change and disruption to business and society, the time to join in is now.”
- Gary Coleman, Global Industry and Senior Client Advisor, Deloitte Consulting
“Today, manufacturing is changing faster than ever before and the drivers for this include globalization, individualization, time to market and sustainability”
- Brian Holliday, Managing Director, Digital Factory