You can find a podcast for just about anything these days. In fact, there are over 800,000 unique podcast shows available to the public and 54 million podcast episodes, according to the latest stats from Edison Research and Triton Digital. That number will continue to grow in 2020, as the platform becomes even more popular. This week on the blog, we're helping you cut through the noise by curating an essential list of industry-specific podcasts to entertain and inspire you in the New Year.
1. Darknet Diaries: Everything you want to, or perhaps don't want to, know about cybersecurity. This cybercrime show tells the true stories of the dark side of the Internet.
2. The Future of Everything: From the Wall Street Journal, this show features all the tech trends that we should be paying attention to.
3. 99 Percent Invisible: A show about the design of everyday things including digital trends.
4. Cautionary Tales: Lessons in the sources of risk, what we can learn from other people's mistakes and how to make option-like bets.
5. Freakonomics: Tells you things you always thought you knew (but didn’t) and things you never thought you wanted to know (but do). Guests include Nobel laureates and provocateurs, intellectuals and entrepreneurs, and various other underachievers.
6. Planet Money: The economy explained. Imagine you could call up a friend and say, "Meet me at the bar and tell me what's going on with the economy." Now imagine that's actually a fun evening.
7. The Indicator: Deep dives into economics and quick-hit insight into work, business, the economy and everything else.
8. Without Fail: Candid conversations with people who have done hard things. What worked, what didn't and why.
9. How I Built This: Shares the lessons of innovators, entrepreneurs and idealists—and the movements they built.
10. The TED Radio Hour: A journey through fascinating ideas, astonishing inventions and new ways to think and create in the world of technology, entertainment and design.