Programs and Services >> International Business Services >> Trade Missions
Companies seeking to enhance their global competitiveness and expand their business from Southeast Michigan into the international marketplace are invited to join Automation Alley on an upcoming trade mission.
Since 2001, Automation Alley has conducted 16 trade missions to countries across the world. More than 1,000 new jobs have been created or supported and more than $200 million in new contracts has been garnered for participating companies and the region.
Missions typically consist of a packed program with briefings; seminars; one-on-one business meetings; factory, school and site visits; official receptions and dinners; cultural events and some sightseeing. The briefings and one-on-one meetings are often prearranged for the individual participants to match their business interests. Automation Alley missions are designed for small and medium-size businesses as well as educational institutions and municipalities.
Trade mission participants can:
- Gain access to the U.S. Department of Commerce's Gold Key meetings
- Obtain sales and contracts as a direct outcome of the mission
- Make personal contacts for future follow-up
- Sign partnerships and agreements for further business development
- Get hands-on and up-to-date market information and research
- Assess overseas opportunities, culture, infrastructure and potential demand
- Initiate new vendor relationships
- Learn about the culture, customs, business and operating environments of target countries
In addition, trade missions can lead to higher sales revenues, lower procurement costs and better sourcing, education, and international business savvy.
For more information on Automation Alley trade missions, contact the Automation Alley Resource Center at 800-427-5100 or email@example.com. For a listing of upcoming international business events, including trade missions, click here.