Programs & Services >> International Business Services >> Quatar and UAE
Qatar and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.): Tiger Economies of the Middle East
Doha, Abu Dhabi and Dubai
We’re on a Mission to Grow Your Business
Looking to boost your global competitiveness and expand into two of the world’s fastest-growing markets? If so, then join Automation Alley’s trade mission to Qatar and the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.), two nations with high demand especially for the following Michigan-made products, services and technologies:
- Architecture, construction and engineering services
- Higher education
- IT and information communication technologies
- Medical equipment
- Oil and gas equipment and machinery
- World’s second-fastest growing nation with annual GDP growth of 18.8 percent in 2011
- Richest country in the world with GDP per capita of $109,000 (surpassing Luxembourg)
- One of the world’s most dynamic economies, tripling in size since 2005
- Aggressively channeling its energy wealth toward creating a more diversified economy
- Second-leading importing country for Qatar is the U.S.
Why the U.A.E?
- Michigan exports to the U.A.E. jumped 50.8 percent from 2010 to 2011
- U.A.E. is the largest export market for the U.S. in the Arab world with more than 750 American firms located there
- GDP is projected to grow 5 percent this year, while domestic consumption rates continue to soar
- Very low or nonexistent import duties and growing appetite for American goods
- Financial center of the Middle East
Reasons Why You Should Join Our Trade Mission
- Meet directly with buyers of your products. Matchmaking meetings will place you directly in touch with potential end users, agents or distributors, joint venture partners, technology licensees and key players that you need to know to successfully break into these two markets.
- Attend business receptions and meet with government officials and business leaders who will share their firsthand insights about the opportunities and challenges of doing business in Qatar and the U.A.E.
- Automation Alley trade missions have generated $188 million in export sales for company participants and created or supported 1,044 local jobs.
- Automation Alley received the president’s “E” Award – the nation’s highest and most prestigious international trade award – from the White House, in recognition of our organization’s success in promoting U.S. exports overseas.
Date: Dec. 7-14, 2012
Deadline to register is Nov. 7, 2012. Participation is limited to 8 companies only.
Cost to participate is $6,995 ($7,995 for non-members) and subject to change based on availability.
Price includes international airfare, five-star hotels, internal transportation, Gold Key Service matchmaking meetings (provided by the U.S. Commercial Service, U.S. Department of Commerce), business briefings, welcome receptions and tours. Automation Alley will take care of all planning and details before, during and after the mission.
Be sure to ask us about the State Trade and Export Promotion Program (STEP) to see if your company qualifies for funding that can be applied toward the cost of our mission.
For more information or to register, please call 800-427-5100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In partnership with:
What others have to say about Automation Alley trade missions:
“We have secured more than $7 million in new business and created 27 local jobs as a result of participating on Automation Alley trade missions to China, Central Europe and India. The extreme professionalism and conscientiousness of the Automation Alley staff, along with their ability to arrange meetings with the right companies, were instrumental to our success.”
- Daniel Kocks, CEO, Enterprise Automotive Systems, Warren, Mich.
“Automation Alley’s mission to Brazil was an outstanding success on many levels. Firstly, the organization and execution of the travel, hotel and general details of the mission were flawless. The meeting scheduling and matchmaking added a level of depth to the business meetings that was invaluable.”
- Kevin Kerrigan, Executive Director, Global Business Development, Applied Manufacturing Technologies, Auburn Hills, Mich.