About Automation Alley >> 2012 Annual Report
Automation Alley’s 2012 Annual Report highlights the organization’s relationships with its members and regional partners and provides a concise overview of accomplishments and growth in the areas of international business, entrepreneurship, talent development, defense and manufacturing.
The report also provides a breakdown of Automation Alley membership by industry and details committee activities and events.
Automation Alley’s new slogan is “Technology’s Matchmaker for Business.” The 2012 Annual Report details just how the organization is putting those words into action – by pairing companies with growth opportunities.
In 2012, Automation Alley:
- Invested in four innovative local tech startups: Are You a Human, TerraYebo, Stik.com and Buz.fm
- Was awarded a $5 million grant from the U.S. Department of Labor to make high-level IT training available to local partner employers through the Technical Talent Development Program
- Led 32 local companies on trade missions to Brazil, Qatar, and two Association of the United States Army events
- Expanded programs to support the national defense industrial base
- Organized events to create opportunities for members to network and learn about industry hot topics