TROY, Mich., Feb. 13, 2013 — The Automation Alley Fund, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, is proud to announce the establishment of the Automation Alley Society, which recognizes donors that give chartable gifts to the fund. The Automation Alley Fund supports the mission of Automation Alley, Michigan’s largest technology business association.
“The Automation Alley Fund allows those organizations or companies that fall outside of Automation Alley’s membership criteria to give to our cause. These companies – retail stores, hotels, sports venues, etc. – have a strong commitment to the region, its businesses and the advancement of our local economy,” said Automation Alley Executive Director Ken Rogers. “In addition, tech companies that fall within Automation Alley membership criteria that wish to make a charitable gift instead of – or in addition to – membership can do so as well.”
The Automation Alley Society will be recognized at Automation Alley Headquarters in Troy with a name and/or logo display. Additional Automation Alley Society recognition corresponds to the level of giving, and can also include:
• Subscription to X-OLOGY Magazine
• Invitation to special events
• Recognition on Automation Alley’s website and in the E-Newsletter
• Special mention at Automation Alley Annual Awards Gala
• Lunch with Automation Alley executive director and board president
Through their charitable gifts to the Automation Alley Fund, donors contribute to Automation Alley business assistance programs that are sustaining and growing companies and encouraging economic and workforce development activities in Southeast Michigan. Gifts to the fund will nurture and sustain a variety of business growth opportunities, including:
• Business assistance programs and attraction services to sustain and grow companies
• Seed fund investments for entrepreneurs and startup companies
• Talent development and STEM initiatives for students, teachers and members of the workforce
• Trade missions to international and domestic locales for companies looking to expand
• Consulting and procurement assistance with defense and manufacturing initiatives
By donating, the Automation Alley Society is making a significant impact to help create jobs, improve the economy and support the quality of life in Southeast Michigan. Since 1999, Automation Alley has invested $7.96 million in 35 local companies. $68.96 million in follow-on capital has been awarded to Automation Alley seed-funded companies or projects, and 3,387 jobs have been created or supported with assistance from Automation Alley.
To donate or for more information, contact Automation Alley Director of Philanthropy Kim Cross at 248-457-3200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Automation Alley
Automation Alley is a technology business association driving the growth and image of Southeast Michigan’s economy through a collaborative culture that focuses on workforce and business development initiatives.
Since its founding in 1999, Automation Alley has expanded to include nearly 1,000 businesses, educational institutions and government entities from the city of Detroit and the surrounding eight-county region. Automation Alley promotes regional prosperity through entrepreneurial and exporting assistance, workforce development and technology acceleration.